Friday, August 21, 2009

Eyes of the Storm - from PBS Broadcasting

The struggles of several orphaned children left to fend for themselves and rebuild their shattered lives in the aftermath of Cyclone Nargis, please click on the following link to view the episode in its entirety. While I weep with my fellow Karens who came from the Thai/Burma border who had to endure carnage, I can also personally relate very well to what was portrayed in “Eyes of the Storm.” The evil-doing of the government is indisputably far-reaching. Atrocities committed inside Burma is often the unheard story of the other Karen and Burmese people. On the border, you have organizations such as Free Burma Rangers to document killings and torturing, but it is much harder to document what’s going on inside Burma . Perhaps blatant killing and torturing is not as prevalent inside Burma ; nevertheless, things are not less dire there. Slow killing and torturing are taking place and these people cannot escape anywhere.


Uncensored news from the heart of Burma is scarcely reported and this is a must watch for everyone who love the people of Burma . This news piece made me rethink of how I spend my life and how I use my resources.


http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=9363628&msgid=388098&act=I899&c=140467&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pbs.org%2Fwnet%2Fwideangle%2Fepisodes%2Feyes-of-the-storm%2Ffull-episode%2F5457%2F